Here's the plan
Show up and meet other individuals who are ready to do awesome
work. Get ready for the action.
Hear from city officials and civic tech experts on why what you're
doing is so important.
Pitch your ideas, or listen to the ideas of others and listen for
something that sounds interesting to you.
Join up with others around efforts that matter to you, or anything
that sounds fun and interesting.
Start working with your team! Form a game plan and see how much
can be accomplished during the event.
Stop working at noon the next day. Wrap up and get ready to
present what you've accomplished.
Each team presents their efforts, covering what was accomplished,
the ultimate vision, and why it matters.
A panel of city officials and subject matter experts will choose
exceptional projects and present awards.
Afterwards we'll stay connected through the Open
Wichita community to keep momentum going forward.
Saturday, June 4
- 10:00 AM - Meet & greet
- 10:30 AM - Opening remarks
- 11:30 AM - Idea pitch & team formation
- 12:00 PM - Start working!
- 05:00 PM - Check in / Saturday closing remarks
- 11:00 PM - No re-entry until 7AM Sunday
Sunday, June 5
- 09:00 AM - Opening remarks / check in
- 12:00 PM - Project work cutoff
- 12:00 PM - Break / presentation prep
- 01:00 PM - Presentations
- 02:00 PM - Judges deliberation
- 02:30 PM - Results / Awards / Closing remarks
Done by 03:30 / 04:00 PM